Feb. 23-25 Regional: Four Points Sheraton, located on Peoria Ave. and the I-17
WHO PARTICIPATES IN THE V ENCUENTRO?
All leaders in the diocese, parishes, lay ecclesial movements and other Catholic organizations and institutions are invited to participate by encountering youth and young adult Catholics, particularly those living in the periphery through the missionary process of evangelization and consultation of the V Encuentro, mindful that the majority in this diocese are Hispanic.
WHAT IS THE GOAL OF THE V ENCUENTRO?
The main goal of the V Encuentro is to discern ways in which the Church in the United States can better respond to the millennial presence, and to strengthen the ways in which they can respond to the call to the New Evangelization as missionary disciples serving the entire Church.
WHAT ARE THE OBJECTIVES OF THE V ENCUENTRO?
- Call all Catholics in the United States to become authentic and joyful missionary disciples that give witness to God’s Love with a prophetic voice in a culturally diverse Church;
- Provide a renewed ecclesial vision that develops effective pathways to invite, engage and form youth, young adults, and families to live out their baptismal vocation, mindful that the majority of youth and young adults in this diocese are Hispanic;
- Invite all Catholic leaders to engage and accompany millennial Catholics who find themselves in the peripheries of the Church and society, particularly those who live in at-risk situations and are not actively involved in their faith community;
- Identify and promote opportunities for millennial pastoral leaders to serve at all ministerial levels of the Church and the larger society, and increase the number of protagonists in the New Evangelization;
- Stimulate a new wave of faith formation and leadership development initiatives that prepare millennial Catholics to share and celebrate the Good News of Jesus Christ and to become leaven for the Reign of God in society.